skip to navigation skip to content skip to footer

Division 5: Camping out – APS only

13.2.17 Camping out

  1. APS employees who are required to camp out while performing duty overseas may receive travelling allowance or use the Defence Travel Card to access the meals and incidentals components of their travel assistance.

  2. See: Part 3, Travel costs for short-term duty overseas

  1. Reasonable costs incurred for the hire or purchase of any necessary camping equipment may be reimbursed through the work related expenses provisions of the Defence Enterprise Agreement 2017-2020.

  2. See: Defence Enterprise Agreement 2017-2020 subparagraph G10.2.j, Work-related expenses

Application to Reservists: No.

I want to know more...

Further info


Overseas Administration


Defence Service Centre

1800 DEFENCE (1800 333 362)